William E. Clark Memorial Scholarship
Photo Courtesy FVTC.
Application period is NOW OPEN beginning January 1 through April 1, 2024.
In 1994 the Board of Directors of the Wisconsin Society of Fire Service Instructors voted to establish a training scholarship program. The scholarship fund has been named after William E. Clark, a Wisconsin Fire Service training pioneer. An amount of $2000.00 will be awarded for use during the 2024/2025 school year. Individual scholarships will be awarded to students enrolled in an Associate Degree, Bachelors Degree, or Masters Degree program. The purpose of the scholarships is to further the fire service education of members of Wisconsin Society of Emergency Services Instructors or their dependents.
- Please follow all application instructions carefully; incomplete and/or illegible applications will not be considered.
- Applicants must be members of the Wisconsin Society of Emergency Services Instructors (WSESI) or their dependents. (Applicant or sponsor must have 3 years active membership)
- Applicants will be screened for those who desire Associate, Baccalaureate, or Masters degrees in fire-related areas; e.g. fire administration, fire science, or public administration.
- Leadership abilities, financial need, academic capability and personal goals to serve the public are areas to be judged by the Scholarship Committee.
- All award monies will be sent directly to the school of entry in the selected individual’s name after acceptance for classes, and must be used between August 2024 and September 2025.
- Awardees will be eligible to apply for additional assistance in succeeding years.
- All applications must be accompanied by the applicant’s most recent high school and/or college transcript, as well as a one-page autobiographical sketch of the candidate. The sketch should include information as to courses planned, cost, and future goals or career plans.
- Applications will be screened and a field of selected candidates may be interviewed by three scholarship committee members. Their recommendations will be forwarded to the Board of Trustees of the William E. Clark Memorial Education Endowment Fund Charitable Trust, whose decision for awards will be final.
- All applications must be received by April 1, 2024. The Board of Trustees of the William E. Clark Memorial Education Endowment Fund Charitable Trust will make the final decision at its spring board meeting, and successful students will be notified.